1. The International Man of Intrigue got home right after we finished dinner. The sounds in the house are peaceful and industrious: Amelia Earhart practicing piano, Gertrude Bell is laboriously recopying the fairy tale she wrote and will present for her end of unit project, and Arthur Dent is in the shower. Evenings aren’t usually like this. It’s glorious.
2. The other day, I saw a truck pulling out of a neighborhood. I only caught a glimpse before it turned out of my vision. I saw “SLEUTH ——“ I thought, Now what kind of detective advertises on the side of his car? That doesn’t seem very stealthy. I was so curious, I had to google it. Turns out it was “Sleuth Plumbing.” Definitely not as interesting or exciting as a detective agency.
3. Every morning on the way to school, the kids and I listen to The Bobby Bones Show on the radio. This morning, my slight crush on Keith Urban deepened when he played an acoustic cover of a few lines of Madonna’s “Like a Virgin.” Totally entertainingly cute.
4. I’m finally watching the final season of How I Met Your Mother. I have one episode left. It had been a while and I forgot how much I enjoyed the show. I think the last season is particularly well done. I’ve found myself getting a little misty-eyed more than once.
5. Lately, I’ve been texting without paying sufficient attention as to whether or not I’m texting the person I intend to. Luckily, I’m pretty transparent, so that text that I sent to my friend K instead of my friend C was just about getting my glasses adjusted. Worst case scenario so far is that I sent a really excited email to the girls’ piano teacher about how I cleaned out the refrigerator.