1. I just finished filling out 60 pages of paperwork so the Little Explorers and I can spend four hours at the doctor’s office tomorrow on the off chance that the major government entity that employs The International Man of Intrigue decides to send us back overseas next year. Of course, the 60 pages I filled out, plus the eight more to fill out later may be completely pointless if we get assigned to stay in the United States. Seriously, 60 pages. I have writers’ cramp.
2. In the further adventures of keeping my kids alive, last week, before 7 am, Arthur Dent attempted to swing from the chandelier in my bedroom. Kids are exhausting, even when you’ve just had a full night’s sleep.
3. Laura Ingalls Wilder is a talker. She has lots to say. Unfortunately for her, when she says the “sp” sound, it comes out as “f.” So “spoon” sounds like “foon.” Endearing took a turn toward hilarious when I told Laura Ingalls Wilder and Arthur Dent that we would stop and get a Sprite if they were good in the post office. She immediately started screaming, “Fight! I wanna fight, mommy! Fight mommy! I wanna fight!”
4. I’m taking Gertrude Bell and Amelia Earhart to see the new Star Wars movie tomorrow. They’re super excited. Amelia Earhart even reminded me that they have Princess Leia shirts to wear. I’d almost forgotten that last year I bought them matching shirts with a cartoon Princess Leia on the front that say “Self Rescuing Princess.” I loved the message and they love Leia, so it was a win.
5. Last week, before Mass started, I could hear bits of conversation from the two older ladies in front of me. One of them said, no less than three times, “Butterscotch White Russian.” I love being Catholic.