Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tuesday Random 4

1. “To Kill a Mockingbird” is among my favorite books of all time. Based on the Facebook blow up, I’m guessing that it’s not news that it was announced today that Harper Lee, author of “To Kill a Mockingbird,” and literary one hit wonder, will be publishing another book. I have mixed feelings. I want it to be really, really good. If it’s not, I don’t want it to come out. My favorite cousin’s reaction is the best by far. He told his wife, “Did you hear about Harper Lee's new book being discovered? I am *so excited* because up until now, I was familiar with ALL of her work!”

2. Sunday, we had a party. It was a leftover appetizer party. We had lots of frozen junk food in the freezer that we hadn’t used on New Year’s Eve, when we celebrated Gertrude Bell’s birthday, 2015, and our friend Intern Steve’s promotion to Lieutenant Colonel. So, we called the same people who failed to eat the food the first time around: The Brits, Intern Steve, and The Other Intrigues. This time, we managed to eat all the food, and it turned out there was some big game on TV, too. Ok, so we knew about the game. No one had a vested interest in either team, but halftime was AWESOME. Hello, Missy Elliot. I’ve been singing your songs all week! The nail biter ending wasn’t half bad, either.

3. This afternoon, Arthur Dent and I were sitting on the couch, watching cartoons. He’s a very snuggly little guy. I asked him how long we could “huggle” on the couch and he answered, “Ummm, all day.” I’m glad he’s not too cool for me yet. 


4. Honestly, I didn’t do a very good job of taking notes this week. By the time I sit down to blog, I’m usually pretty tired and fried from the day, so if I don’t have an idea, I draw a blank. Sorry to spoil it for anyone who thought this was an actual unplanned stream of consciousness. So this Tuesday, I hope you enjoyed the Random 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment