Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Tuesday Five: I Crashed My Neighbor's Car


1. The Intrigue abode is on the market. I’m not telling you this so you can buy it, but if you are interested, hit me up. I’m telling you this because I have to keep the house clean so it can be shown on short notice. This is not easy for me. At all. 

2. Proof that no good deed goes unpunished: Yesterday we had a showing and the house was still sort of a mess from the weekend. I was at Target with Mrs. British Neighbor when I got the call. She offered to help me clean up. After a couple of hours of cleaning, it was time to pick Arthur Dent up from school. Mrs. British Neighbor offered to stick around for a bit longer. I loaded up a tantruming-as-usual Laura Ingalls Wilder and headed out to get Arthur Dent. Yep. I backed out of the garage and sideswiped Mrs. British Neighbor’s fancy new Volkswagen. I don’t have much else to say about that except that I’m picking her up from the auto body shop when she drops it off next week. I’ll also be going inside to pay for it.

3. Season 2 of “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” is on Netflix now. It’s as hilarious as Season 1, but with a little more exploration into the characters’ feelings and angst. I’m a little sad because I think we’ll finish it tonight. 

4. What are you reading? I’m about halfway through “The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend.” It’s a cute twist on the book club novel, although a bit predictable. Any suggestions about what I should read next, Fellow Adventurers?


5. I’ll end tonight with a quote. “When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.” -Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

No comments:

Post a Comment