Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Tuesday 5: In Which Arthur Dent Gets Left Behind TWICE.

1. Arthur Dent doesn’t know it, but he’s having a rough week. Yesterday, I dropped him off at school with the big girls. Fast forward twenty minutes and I’m shopping at Target where I got a phone call. Turned out there was no preschool. Luckily, he was in good hands and wasn’t worried about it at all. Today, we got orders for our move to Hawaii. The only problem was that they didn’t include Arthur Dent. The error was fixed very quickly, so we don’t have to leave Arthur Dent behind when we relocate. 

2. I saw “The Audience” starring Helen Mirren this weekend. It was a great play, but I’m left in awe not of her performance, but of the fact that, at age 70, she looks better than I do at…well, not that old.

3. We just started watching “30 Rock,” and I’m wondering why we waited so long. Quality hilarity.

4. I’ve decided that for all of our traveling and moving this summer, I need a mascot to take pictures of at every stop. One of my friends has a lego princess. The International Man of Intrigue’s cousin travels with her son’s stuffed penguin. So, I need ideas. What should my travel companion be? It needs to be small so it can fit in a pocket or a purse or a carryon. Lots of suggestions, please!


5. I’m that person with piles of books everywhere. On the end table, on the kitchen counter, on the table in the entryway, on my nightstand. I’m not even sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment