Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Tuesday 5: It's Still Tuesday on My Island Edition

1. *cracks knuckles* Let’s see, I think I remember how to type. It’s been a while, I checked. I’ve blogged four times since we left Florida. In some ways, it’s been a tough transition to island life, including finding out that The International Man of Intrigue will be undertaking a year long deployment before too long. So, I’m about to be marooned on a tropical island with four kids and no husband. Good times.

2. I’m watching a whole bunch of stuff right now. Season 3 of “The Fall” is disappointing from a plot standpoint, but still a winner from a writing and Gillian Anderson angle. “This Is Us” is the only thing we’ve picked up that’s new, and it’s been well worth it. I started “Bloodline” because a friend works on the show, but The International Man of Intrigue wasn’t super hip on it, so I’m saving it for later. I also binge “Gilmore Girls” every time I have a little while to myself. Anything I’m missing, Fellow Adventurers?

3. I’ve cleared a number of people off of my social media friends lists lately. I’m sure they think it’s something personal, that they’re too right wing or too left wing or too something. Mostly it was too much negative. Not the negative that’s sad because their party lost or upset because the other party is protesting, but the negative that uses terms like “libtard” and “crybaby” or “deplorables” and “racists” and generalizing about an entire group. I’m not perfect by any means. Sometimes I’m mean and negative and not very pleasant, too. I just know myself and I know that I have to surround myself with positive to get through the year adventure of being marooned on a tropical island with my kids while my husband is off somewhere third-world-y.

4. I’m kind of at a loss. You’d think I’d have more to say since I’ve been mostly saving up my words for months now. Not so. Since I have nothing of value to say, let’s go back to an old standby. What are you reading, Fellow Adventurers? I’m finishing up “The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay,” to be followed by “Britt-Marie Was Here,” which is the sequel to a book I loved, “My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry.”


5. Finally, the Little Explorers: Laura Ingalls Wilder is turning into quite a little girl. She’s in that fun stage where she imagines and sings and dances and it’s darling. Arthur Dent has grown leaps and bounds since school started but he’s still my little guy. His jam right now is “Say Geronimo” by Sheppard. He loves to sing it at top volume. Amelia Earhart is on the robotics team at school and gives me a heart attack at least once a week when I realize she’s almost double digits in age. Gertrude Bell is having a cavity filled tomorrow. I’m petrified. 

No comments:

Post a Comment