Wow! Has it only been less than a week since the “World Serious” ended? Seems longer. I totally broke the “No crying in baseball” rule set forth by Tom Hanks. Oops. Well, it was a great season by the Royals, and a well matched World Series.
1. Is anyone else completely sucked into buying school pictures? I can’t help myself. The proofs come home, and I melt. I can’t help it. Yes, grandparents, this is your official notice that Amelia Earhart and Gertrude Bell’s school pictures will be arriving in the near future.
2. Speaking of Amelia Earhart and Gertrude Bell and completely melting, there’s this little thing that happens almost every day. I pull up in the carline to pick them up from school and they’re holding hands. They don’t have to be, they just are. They have no idea that I turn to a puddle of mama mush every time. I also try to remember that picture 15 minutes later when they are fighting like two out of four female cast members of “The Facts of Life” in any given episode.
3. I’m four days into my fitness challenge. I’ve worked out every day. I’ve eaten all my servings of fruits and veggies. I’m starting to feel better. Craziest of all, I’ve given up Diet Coke. This is huge. Really huge. I did have one today—one of my two weekly “cheats.” My British friend says not to call them “cheats” because it has too many negative connotations. So, for her, today I had a Diet Coke and used one of my two weekly “exceptions.” It was worth it. Cold, delicious, and refreshing, it also helped me to avoid eating all the wonderful breakfast goodies at MOPS today. An “exception” well spent.
4. I noticed today while listening to the radio that when Keith Urban sings, he doesn’t have an Australian accent. I started thinking. Most singers who sing in English don’t have an accent when they sing. Adele? Nope. The Beatles? Yes, sometimes. Why are accents mostly undetectable while singing?
5. The International Man of Intrigue has decided I'm going to vie to become the President of the United States in 2016. He's even started a hashtag. #dorothygale2016. (only my non-pseudonym, of course). It's basically a grassroots campaign for anyone who's sick of politicians. The amazing news is that I got my first vote tonight! My cousin wrote me in for the Kansas Senate race! Woo-hoo! I'm wondering if proper etiquette dictates I make a concession speech and call up the winners to congratulate them, since I'm pretty sure I lost that election.