Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Poop is Poop

Sorry to leave you for so long, Fellow Adventurers. We just got back last night from a trip to Nepal. I really loved it. I got to celebrate Mothers' Day and my thirty-sixth er...thirtieth er...twenty fifth birthday there. There was just one negative. I got a horrible third world intestinal parasite for my birthday. It's bound to happen eventually, when you live in this part of the world. The fact that I (and the rest of the Intrigue Family) made it four and a half months without it is actually pretty astounding. In honor of that, and because I'm home but not at all on the mend (although the antibiotics should kick in soon) here's a little list of the places we've been and the stomach/intestinal illness names associated with them.

Dhaka, Bangladesh: Dhaka Caca
Delhi, India: Delhi Belly
Pokhara, Nepal: Pokhara Poops
Kathmandu, Nepal: The Kathmandoodoos

I'll be back soon, hopefully feeling like a whole new person. Until then, what are some other place/illness nicknames?

5 comments:

  1. Eek! Sorry to hear you are not feeling well! But it sounds like you have a good attitude about it all. I had to chuckle at your nicknames for the illnesses. Anyways, hope you recover quickly!

    Cheers,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Machu Pichu Poo Poo---compliments of Aarrons wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Montezuma's Revenge comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't add to the name list, but my hubby learned about 8 different ways to say diarrhea when in language school....this may not bode well for our future in country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the Turkey Trots when I was in Istanbul. not a fun time. And I'm not sure what it was called in Bolivia but I felt like I was going to die.

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete